Sunday, June 9, 2013

Songs for Sunday

So, apologies for the lack of song last week. Almost exactly five years ago I copied Scott Pack's idea and started putting up a song video every Sunday. At the time I thought it would be a good way to make sure that I did at least one post every week, but as it has turned out for most weeks it is the only thing that ever gets put up.

Over the five years I know I have missed a few, but it doesn't take long and I hate it when it happens for whatever reason. Last week I was in the throes of finishing up a large freelance job which I started at the end of March. When I started I was between jobs, but spending most of my time being a stay-at-home dad and so most of the work got done during afternoon naps, when K wasn't working and in evenings. When I started back full-time I assumed that it would take another couple of weeks, three weeks maximum, to get it all finished off, but then illness and a trip to South Korea for new job got in the way and so it ended up being more like five weeks. Which was okay for the deadline, but not so great in terms of actually doing anything that wasn't either working fulltime, freelance work and as many fatherly duties as could be squeezed in.

The freelance job was finally finished up on Tuesday after a fairly epic three evenings working into the night, but of course everything else went by the wayside. Anyway, to make up for this here, courtesy of WFUV Radio (whoever they are), are three fantastic live performances for your enjoyment.


Phosphorescent – Song for Zula


The National – Graceless


Bob Mould – Keep Believing

Song of the week: The Big Pink – Velvet
Band/artist of the week: The National

No comments: