Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pittenweem to the Rock'n'Roll Dream (2008 in Mix Tape form)

The Rip – Portishead
If You Want Me – Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
Quicksand – Dot Allison
Air – Expatriate
The Sun Smells Too Loud – Mogwai
Half Asleep – School of Seven Bells
Paper Planes – M.I.A.
Strange Overtones – David Byrne and Brian Eno
One Night On Earth – The Veils
Blue Plastic Bags – Malcolm Middleton
The Sixth Stone – Aidan Moffat and The Best-Ofs & Ian Rankin
If Looks Could Kill – Camera Obscura
Visitor – Nina Kinert
Driver, Surprise Me – The National
Down On the Ground – British Sea Power
Polmont On My Mind – Glasvegas
The Girl Is My Gun – Gersey
That Leaving Feeling – Stuart A. Staples

Anybody lucky enough to have a copy – hope you are enjoying it! If you don't then feel free to join in at home and make your own (or send me 5 good reasons why you should get one and I will put one in the post).

2 comments:

Norman said...

Good to have the track listing. Afraid I recognised very few tracks, but loving the overall feel. Will let you know if I become a life long fan of any of the bands!
Norm

geographyofhope said...

I should really have done a cover and label, but wasn't organised enough ... Maybe next year, now that we have invested in a printer that can print straight onto CDs!