Monday, May 26, 2008

'Difficult' third album

Sean O'Hagan in The Observer on My Bloody Valentine's imminent return to the stage (and a lot of other great stuff). I can't imagine there will be a gig I would rather go to this year than seeing MBV at the Glasgow Barrowlands. Not so sure about the festival appearances, but if they did make it to one in the Southern hemisphere I am sure I would be near the front of the queue.

A friend once asked me to list 10 albums that everyone should listen to. Top of the list was Loveless and at the time I said that it sounded unlike anything that I had ever heard or ever expected to hear again. So far that's true.

However, Kevin Shields is quoted in the article saying 'we are 100 per cent going to make another My Bloody Valentine record, unless we die or something'. I can't wait. Well I can. I've already waited seventeen years, so I suppose another one or two won't make much difference.

No comments: